Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FL7000 (boat-anchor)

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FL7000 (boat-anchor)
From: "Ross" <rbiggar@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 06:56:36 +1300
Sean, and others,
Thanks for the comments, to give you some idea of the problem, transmitting
into a dummy load, with the FL7000 output at only 125watts,
it lasts 2minutes plus/minus 10secs before cutting out. I was transmitting a cq
in Olivia. Input to the FL7000 was 18-20watts.
To my mind a 400 watt amplifier should take at least 200watts of digital mode
output without a problem.
By the way Gary, it wouldn't be a good canoe anchor either.
Regards to all
Ross