Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-990 and CAT Control

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 and CAT Control
From: wulf@ping.net.au (wulf@ping.net.au)
Date: Tue Jul 29 03:14:51 2003

> Its now clear that I need to replace the ROM
>
> After the cllected information from VK5ABN and YAESU.
> The part number is G1091594 it's soldered in and is
> not very easy to do.
>
> KI5XP confirms the behaviour I observe
>
> Thanks to 5B4WN, KI5XP, VK5ABN, AA4GA and Chris
>
> BTW: Anyone has compared a FT-990 and a FT-1000 (not
> mp or newer)?
>
> Thanks
>
> EA3IN
> Marcel

Yep, the FT990 and FT1000 commands are identical with extra commands for the
dual band mode and some status flags for the FT1000.

I've started to write a FT990 controller software that works with the
old firmware, however, not all features have been implemented as yet
in hope to update the firmware. A screenshot of the controller is
available from

http://hamradio.ping.net.au/kft990.png

The software is written to closely emulate the behaviour of the real thing.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN