Yaesu

[Yaesu] Phonetic Alphabet

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Phonetic Alphabet
From: sbbloom69@yahoo.com (Stuart Bloom)
Date: Tue Mar 18 11:05:30 2003
Well, I see this crop up every once in a while.  I
guess it really doesn't matter WHAT phonetic alphbet
you use, as long as you think everyone that might be
listening will understand your choice of words.
However, the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD is the NATO
standard, ie what we should all be using:  Alpa,
Brava, Charlie....

Some law enforcement agencies use Adam, Nora, Zebra...

The OLD DOD was Able, Baker ....

It use to bother me that so many hams, especially
non-US hams use non-standard phonetics.  It really IS
hard to understand some of the non-standard words with
thick accents.  At least with the international (NATO)
phonetics, even with thick accents, I can understand
the letters.  I'm ex-military and I'm use to following
the "book" when it comes to rules and regulations.

I don't let it bother anymore... Who needs the stress
about what others do?

73'

Stuart
KD5HVO  (KILO DELTA FIVE HOTEL VICTOR OSCAR)