Yaesu

[Yaesu] Re: FT-902-dm 6v regulator

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: FT-902-dm 6v regulator
From: la8ak@online.no (J M Noeding)
Date: Mon Mar 10 20:55:49 2003
It is one 6v regulator in the transceiver  - used for RIT. Have it replaced
many years ago with 78L05 plus a few resistors, don't see a point in having a
variable regulator. But later turned out not to be the fault, the pcb edge
contacts on pcbs were dirty and should be washed.

The Fox Tango newsletter had many strange stories, I didn't find much useful
information there.
Modified the RF processor, it seems to be very successful and has little
distortion, but I miss the sharp sound which is better in QRM, perhaps a
pre-emphasis would help?

tried the mod on a FT901 for OZ1HDA, but it must have been ac- on the point
where FT902 had dc-level, because it got hum, and was as such not successful

73,
Jan_Martin
LA8AK

FT902 mods: http://home.online.no/~la8ak/3.htm