Yaesu

[Yaesu] Another FT-840 Power Connector Question

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Another FT-840 Power Connector Question
From: ki0dz@space.com (ki0dz@space.com)
Date: 22 Jun 2001 15:15:10 -0700
On Thu, 21 June 2001, Bruce Claggett wrote:

> R&L electronics in Hamilton, ohio
> 800 221 7735
> Ask for part number KW2000 power cord
> cost 14.95
> http://randl.com
> email sales@randl.com
   Thanks!  As a last ditch effort I went to Gateway Electronics to see if they
had a connector.  One of the guys there took one look at the rig and said that
someone else had been in the day before looking for the same connector.  He
also said that they did not have the right one.  Meanwhile, I've just wired the
original power cord into my fuse box (not the car's fuse box... I ran #8 wire
from the battery to my own fuse box.  I take power from my radios from that.
Sure beats running wire for each radio back to the battery).  The $15 price
from R&L was less than any of the others I'd found.

              73, Mary-Frances
Mary-Frances Bartels  ***  ki0dz@qsl.net       (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz   Denver, CO             |       ^ - ^
Order Watkins Products www.watkinsonline.com   -------    (o o)
Beyond Infinity - WWW Services    ^#092389^    |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://members.nbci.com/beyondin               -------         RRR)*

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu