Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1500M Programming

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1500M Programming
From: jphillips@mail.talon.net (John N. Phillips)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:42:13 -0500
Good Evening and HELP !!!,

I have just purchased an FT-1500M from Amateur Electronics and am
having a minor programming problem.

I have successfully programmed several local repeaters into the radio
and the radio works fine on all channels. I have enabled the "Channel
Number" display function.

Somehow I have gotten the letter "P" to appear before the "CH" on one
of the channels so that it now reads PCH 6 instead of CH 6. I have
tried to mask (delete) this channel and it will not delete. If I
program another frequency into this location the PCH remains.

I don't know how I did it, but I have gotten the "P" to move from CH 1
to CH 6 to CH14. I just want to get rid of it.

The manual does not cover and this IS NOT the PRI or priority channel
function.

How do I get rid of this letter "P" in front of the CH channel number?

Thanks in advance for any help and Happy Holidays.