Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP
From: wa3gin@erols.com (Dave Jordan)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:05:23 -0400
Hmmmm,

I think there is little loss that can be measured in the insertion of the
tuner...I think what is happening is the watt meter in the rig is sensitive
to RF voltage and that taking the tuner out of the
circuit is allowing a higher RF voltage to be present at the sense point
for the internal meter which
is given a false indication of power output...just like the watt meters in
the Ameritron amplifiers that show more power output when the SWR is
higher...Try the test into a dumy load using a bird watt
meter and I'll bet you can't notice the difference in power output!

HAVE FUN,
dave
WA3GIN