Yaesu

[Yaesu] DVS-2 to FT-890 Monitor Volume - Adjustable?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] DVS-2 to FT-890 Monitor Volume - Adjustable?
From: kimo@lava.net (Kimo Chun KH7U)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:40:57 +0000
Can anyone tell me if the monitor volume of the DVS-2 audio during
playback/transmit is adjustable without affecting transmit modulation
level? Or at least making monitor audio MUCH softer and still have
enough drive for the TX Mod circuit. You can turn down the AF Volume
but naturally you'll have to turn it back up to hear any replies!
A pain.

Looking at the block diagram in the service manual it looks like
the DVS-2 goes into a multiplexer then feeds Q1026 which shows
VR(1/2) within its block. This in turn feeds the audio PA Q1034.

I can't determine which pots VR(1/2) refer to and whether they will
do what I want.

Please reply directly. I'll post a summary later. Thanks.

Aloha, 73

Kimo Chun, KH7U
kh7u@contesting.com
kimo@lava.net