Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-847 Signal Problem Resolved

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-847 Signal Problem Resolved
From: rayd@en.com (Ray Dabkowski)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:37:40 -0400
Yesterday, I posted a problem with ripple and hum in the RF output of my
FT-847.  Well, the problem is solved -- and I wanted to report it here and
clear the air, and Yaesu's name!

The A/C was getting into the rig inductively.  Apparently, the Astron power
supply got a bit too close to the radio.  Duh... egg on face.  Sorry for
the wasted bandwidth.  I'm just glad it wasn't a defect in this new Yaesu
product.

Thanks for all the personal email replies.  There are a lot of friendly,
helpful Yeasu lovers on this list.  BTW, have you seen the latest from
Yaesu?  Check out the FT-100 (to be released in early fall '98) on the "new
products" page at the Yaesu site.  A prototype was on display at Dayton.  I
guarantee you'll be impressed!

73, Ray W8RD (rayd@en.com)