Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-747: Squelch closes too quickly

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-747: Squelch closes too quickly
From: WB4LNM@aol.com (WB4LNM)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:58:32 EST
I have an FT-747 which works very well in the car.  However, the squelch does
not work on SSB like I would expect it to.  I don't expect it to work nearly
as well as FM squelch, but it certainly closes TOO fast - no hang time.  What
I hear are popps of parts of words.  I'd prefer to have it "hang" for a half
to a full second or so after it opens and not just pop in and out.

Has anyone investigated this and found a solution?  Before I dig into the
radio, I'd like to know.  I do have the FM module installed, but I don't think
this makes a difference on SSB.

I'd appreciate a reply to :   WB4LNM@aol.com          if you have time and
valuable comments.  Thanks and 73

John...