Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-757 GX II Problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-757 GX II Problem
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R Bartels)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:07:55 MST
Hello Stephen and the group,

On Thu, 05 Mar 1998 17:05:52 -0400 Stephen Thompson
<thommo@caribsurf.com> writes:

>Hello,
>
>Sometimes when I turn on my FT-757, after about 1 to 2 minutes
>the frequency  goes down by about 40 Hz for a few seconds
>and then returns to normal.The actual frequency display does not
>move. This only occurs on CW and SSB. After the radio has "warmed up"
>this problem does not occur anymore.
   Don't think this'll be much help in the long run, but my 757 (vanilla,
no GX II) has a problem with drifting in general.  I've only noticed it
on SSB, but haven't done much with CW to know if it is also there.
Anyway, I'll tune to a freq and it will often go down .4 to .5 kc (the
display doesn't change).  It will then go up and down sporadically.  Real
irritating.  If I'm listening to a clear freq I can even tell when the
rig has drifted by the changing of the sound of the white noise.
   I will also wait eagerly for other responses to the question.
                                                         73,
                                                         Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels  KI0DZ DM79lt  Denver CO  (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz  ki0dz@juno.com             |       ^ - ^
Watkins products Rep. #92389                      -------    (o o)
** Beyond Infinity - scanning & WWW develop. **   |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/beyond-infinity -------         RRR)*

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]