Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT1000MP and Year 2000

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP and Year 2000
From: dnorris@k7no.com (Dean Norris)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 08:58:40 -0700
At 08:02 03/08/1998 +0000, you wrote:
>I am sitting here looking at my MP and wondering if it is going to work
>OK on NEW YEARS DAY 2000.   Does any one know the status of YEAR 2000
>compliancy for the operating software for the FT1000MP.  Has the question
>been asked of Yaesu  and what was the reply??
>--

This got me to thinking about my rig and Y2K compliance also.  Thanks for
the tweak.  I am glad to say the Viking Ranger will survive the Jan. 1,
2000 crisis just fine.  (tongue firmly planted in left cheek) <G>

It does make me wonder  about heart pacemakers.  They are computer
controlled!!  'twood be sad indeed if all pacemakers shut down.  How morbid!

>73
>Frank Davis  VO1HP
>St.John's, Newfoundland
>

>--