Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT1000MP Power and Fan problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Power and Fan problem
From: fdavis@nf.sympatico.ca (Frank Davis)
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 10:27:44 +0000
This relates to a previous note i posted last month:

Can anyone help with this??

I have determinded that my fan isn't burned out.....I can make it come on by
grounding the black wire on the
fan plug on thr Reg.Board.     I also measured the voltage on this black
wire....it is fluxuating between 4 and
9 volts.....like a plusation every  second or so..
I figure that this means there is a problem on the PA module.  Also when I
loose output power I can make it
come back for an instant be pressing or tapping with my finger on the corner of
the heatsink nearest the
antenna A connector!

If you can reply to this or my previous message I would appreciate it.

73 Frank
VO1HP