Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT1000MP Power Output

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Power Output
From: fdavis@nf.sympatico.ca (Frank Davis)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 22:23:56 +0000
Today  a fault developed with my MP.  The rig is new ,  placed on the air on
March 04.   I looked inside and
the RF power mod was done at the factory.

The output power drops to 2.5W after about 15mins of operating.  Its 2.5W on
all bands and the fault appears
first as a very rapid fluxuation of the power level up and down until it comes
to rest at 2.5W.  It seems to be
related to temperature rise in the rig.  There is plenty of clearance above the
rig and the fan isn't cycling .
  With the MOX on and while not keying and listening on my trusty 830S  I can
hear a weird note on the transmit
freq of the MP.  Sounds like a keyer making dots at abour 20wpm...but its not
the keyer because it turned off!
 I thought it might be something to do with the shack setup...so i disconnected
everything from the back of the
rig and checked the coax connectors and grounds straps etc  took the rig
completely out of the rack shelf  and
then put it all back and hooked it up again ...but after abt 15 mins on CW at
100W the fault came on again.
Anyone experience this kind of thing before...if so  HELP !!!

Frank VO1HP

Pls reply via e-mail direct.

fdavis@nf.sympatico.ca