Yaesu

[Yaesu] YH-77 & FT1000D

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] YH-77 & FT1000D
From: softcom@voyager.net@voyager.net (Joseph S. Holstein)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:39:22 -0800
The only use I ever found for my glue gun was to make a very ugly but
effective repair to my YH-77 (same problem as w2up). So I suspect the
failure mode may not be isolated.

Also, I had the unpleasant task of sending my FT1000D /6 last week
(Cerritos, CA). It failed during the 1995 160 Meter contest and I just
got up the strength to ship it back for repairs. Actually the TX also
went more recently - shows hi-SWR. I tried to fix it myself with no luck.
I found that a diode had physicaly blown apart (D1005 or
D1006). Something else evidently went. I was running 1500W output and
using beverage antennas Dont remember the WX condx but there was no
lightning. Static discharge ? Wonder if anyone else has had similar
problem(s). I was able to finish the test with the sub RX - no fun. What
concerns me is if any modification to radio is necessary to prevent this
from hapening in future.

73 Joe n8ea

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html