Yaesu

FT-1000MP XMITs 50.125 Whistle

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: FT-1000MP XMITs 50.125 Whistle
From: #wa8msf@ix3.ix.netcom.com (Michael Valentine)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 01:52:29 +0100
Hello all!

I have an FT-100MP that I dearly love.  However, it radiates a
carrier that drifts from about 50.121 to 50.134 as it warms up for
an hour or so.  Starts low cold and drifts up warm.  This is backwards
from what any normal oscillator would drift.  The main radiation seems
to come out of the keying jack.  The carrier is about 579 with my Kent
paddle plugged in.  If I unplug it, the carrier drops to 529.  Covering
the paddle with my hand drops the signal a few S-units.

The frequency is very stable (T9) short term, and FMs only a few Hz
under 100 watt transmit conditions.  No button setting or band changes
or display brightness differences seem to have the slightest effect.

Does anybody know what is causing this radiated carrier?  It makes it
real difficult to work 6 meter DX on my JRC JST-245 while trying to
coordinate on HF with the FT-1000MP.

Frustrated in Ohio,

Mike - WA8MSF EM79sd    wa8msf@ix.netcom.com