Yaesu

FT-900 Pwr out...hmmm

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: FT-900 Pwr out...hmmm
From: njc@warwick.net (Nick J Chiarchiaro, AET / N2QXF)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 11:24:32 +0000
Hi name is Nick,

I have the ft-900 and it seems to be from abt 5-100 watts output on
ssb/cw and from abt 5-25w out on am.

After going over the supplied schematics it seems I can vary the pwr
output range of the front panel rf pwr adjust.

The front panel RF adjust is on the SW-UNIT and is a 10KB VR#9101
which is JP9104.  That mates with J1017 on the LOCAL-UNIT.  Into that
circuit there is a VR1012 10KB which is listed as POSET and adjacent
in the schem is VR1017 4.7KB which is listed as AMPO.

I am assuming I can adjust pot VR1012 10KB POSET to adjust the
overall pwr range of the front panel RF power knob.  I am looking to
decrease the LOW pwr setting to 1w or below.

I understand that if this is the case the overall MAx output would be
less than 100w at MAX clockwise rotation of the front panel RF pwr
control.

If anyone has the supplied schem with the ft-900 and would care to
take a look, I would greatly apprecaite it.

tnx
nick

The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect
the opinions or policy of my employer or its subsidiaries.

Thought for the day:
    Concerto (n): a fight between a piano and a pianist.

Sent by:

Regards, Nick J Chiarchiaro, AET #84840
         (212-279-5000 ext 317)

73 de Nick, N2QXF

Ham related mail addresses NON-BUSINESS ONLY:

   AMPRnet SMTP BBS:  n2qxf@bbs.k2bjg.ampr.org
AMPRnet Direct SMTP:  n2qxf@n2qxf.ampr.org    44.64.4.20
          AX25 PBBS:  n2qxf@k2bjg

CYA l8r  ; ^ )