[WriteLog] CTY-3333 Country Files - 17 October 2023

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CTY-3333 Country Files - 17 October 2023
From: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:00:07 -0600
The Country (CTY) Files were updated on 17 October 2023:

    https://www.country-files.com/cty-3333-17-october-2023/

For installation instructions, start at:

    https://www.country-files.com/

Hover your mouse over the word Contest in the menu, then select the
software you are using.

To install the file, follow the link to your software at the top of the page.

If you are interested in a bigger CTY.DAT for everyday logging, you can get
it here:

   https://www.country-files.com/big-cty-17-october-2023/

Note that the release notes (and Version Entity) for this larger file are
different than what is shown below.  There is a separate link to them.

As a reminder, there is an RSS feed of the latest country file announcements:

   https://www.country-files.com/feed/

Here are the release notes:

    17 October 2023 (CTY-3333)
    VER20231017, Version entity is Guinea-Bissau, J5

    Added/changed Entities/Prefixes/Callsigns:

        * EM1/UW5EHR and EM1U are both Antarctica, CE9 in ITU zone 73
        * EA9PD/P is Ceuta & Melilla, EA9
        * TO0T is St. Barthelemy, FJ
        * TO9W is St. Martin, FS
        * GB2GFS is Wales, GW
        * W4SIG is in ITU zone 6, not ITU zone 8
        * W4SIG is in CQ zone 3, not CQ zone 4
        * K5TT is United States, K in CQ zone 3, ITU zone 6
        * W4YPW is United States, K in CQ zone 4, ITU zone 8
        * KJ6LVS and KK6YBW are both Hawaii, KH6
        * KI7SUU is Alaska, KL
        * K4Z, KC1RDY and KD7LEI are all Puerto Rico, KP4
        * LT2F/D and LU4HCH/H are both Argentina, LU
        * LU3XCC/XA is Argentina, LU in ITU zone 16
        * R9CZ/3, R9OM/6 and R9UG/3 are all European Russia, UA
        * R9CS/P is European Russia, UA in CQ zone 17, ITU zone 30
        * RF9C/P is Asiatic Russia, UA9
        * VE2IDX is Canada, VE in CQ zone 2, ITU zone 4

    Removed Entities/Prefixes/Callsigns:

        * GB8ERN and GB9LQV in Northern Ireland, GI
        * GB0EMT in Scotland, GM
        * GB0FL in Wales, GW
        * 8J150CB/JD1 in Minami Torishima, JD/m
        * AB4B in United States, K
        * KF7BMU in Guam, KH2
        * KB6LDF, KC9CVX and WG1A in Hawaii, KH6
        * LU8EMD/D in Argentina, LU
        * R90WFR, RF9C/P, RO80 and UA3LMR/P in European Russia, UA
        * R20RMP, R300EKB, R5QA/P, R8JAJ/P, R9PS/9, RU1TA/9, RZ1OA/0, UA0DAR/P,
          UB5O/P and UD3K/P in Asiatic Russia, UA9
        * ZP6RAI/F, ZP6RAI/H, ZP6RAI/L and ZP6RAI/V in Paraguay, ZP

Though I am subscribed to this reflector so that I can make these
announcements, I do not see most messages posted to it.  If you have
any comments or corrections to the country file, please contact me
directly.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, https://ad1c.us