Re: [WriteLog] Prefill for Writelog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Prefill for Writelog
From: robert beaudoin <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:28:15 -0500

    Good Afternoon Craig

            How about this one ...... http://www.eidxa.org/DX-Info2.html#contest_resources

                I loaded this into Writelog and checked a couple calls...... seems ok.

                    Websites says good as of September 2022

                    73  BoB WA!FCN

On 9/21/2023 12:04 AM, k0cf-Craig wrote:
I was a big fan of Gary Senesac, AL9A and used his prefill files. When
Gary suddenly passed
away in 2016, no one stepped in to do the prefill files. Having a
strong working knowledge of
Microsoft Excel, I though I could use that to create prefill files. I
also discovered the
N1MM repository of call history files. It only took a short while to
combine the N1MM as
source and create an Excel worksheet to convert the plain text N1MM to
properly formatted
ADIF. Once a spreadsheet is created, it is a quick process to copy and
paste each year's
new N1MM file in, perform touch-ups and extend the length to match the
new source and
you are done. The final step is to copy the column of ADIF data to a
text editor and save it
with an "ADI" file extension.

All that being said, I would be happy to share the first few lines of
a worksheet to demonstrate
the technique. If anyone with strong knowledge of Excel would like to
pick this up, please
email me and I will send you enough lines from a sheet to get you
started. It will be plain
text, which you can paste into a worksheet.

Note that I have 46 worksheets in a single workbook that contains the
entire library (it's
over 16 megabytes).

Any takers?

  73,