Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 249, Issue 3

To: k3sk@buckwalter.co, WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 249, Issue 3
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 17:51:51 +0000
Dave,

Glad you have a work-around that doesn't sound too difficult.

FYI, you said you didn't want to do a full install because you would lose
all of your settings.
You should save your settings with a file name you can go back to later. In
the first window that selects which contest you want, there is a button to
load INI settings called "Import". It isn't really an INI file like in the
olden days, but it looks like it. It's just a text file that you can modify
with an external text editor or with the "Edit" button. I think the only
way you can create the file (other than typing it all) is to use the
"Export" button on that same window. It will save all the INI settings into
a text file that you can later "Import" if you've had to do a fresh install
of the program.

I think that when you do a "Save Configuration" it does NOT update that
text file. It only updates the actual settings which are now in the
registry. The only way you can update the text file is to close and re-open
WL, then "Export" at the first window.  Awkward, but it works. I now have
several different INI files for different events. If I'm wrong about that,
maybe someone will correct me.

GL & 73, Alan AD6E / KH6TU