[WriteLog] CTY-3324 Country Files - 28 July 2023

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CTY-3324 Country Files - 28 July 2023
From: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 19:56:52 -0600
The Country (CTY) Files were updated on 28 July 2023:

    https://www.country-files.com/cty-3324-28-july-2023/

For installation instructions, start at:

    https://www.country-files.com/

Hover your mouse over the word Contest in the menu, then select the
software you are using.

To install the file, follow the link to your software at the top of the page.

If you are interested in a bigger CTY.DAT for everyday logging, you can get
it here:

   https://www.country-files.com/big-cty-28-july-2023/

Note that the release notes (and Version Entity) for this larger file are
different than what is shown below.  There is a separate link to them.

As a reminder, there is an RSS feed of the latest country file announcements:

   https://www.country-files.com/feed/

Here are the release notes:

    28 July 2023 (CTY-3324)
    VER20230728, Version entity is Western Sahara, S0

    Added/changed Entities/Prefixes/Callsigns:

        * W8PAR is United States, K in CQ zone 5, ITU zone 8
        * KO4JB is Guam, KH2
        * KD6NFT is Hawaii, KH6
        * N3JAB is Puerto Rico, KP4
        * LU1XOP/D and LU3EU/D are both Argentina, LU
        * PI4S/J is Netherlands, PA
        * R0XAI/7, R8TT/7, R9JQ/6, RA9M/6, RA9Y/4, RO80PS and RW9QA/6 are all
European Russia, UA
        * R2EA/8 and R4DB/8 are both Asiatic Russia, UA9
        * RM8C/9 is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 16
        * RU9MV/0 is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 19, ITU zone 25
        * UA9AR/0 and UA9AR/P are both Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 19, ITU
zone 35
        * VK4EW/6 is Australia, VK in CQ zone 29, ITU zone 58

    Removed Entities/Prefixes/Callsigns:

        * MM0PLX/P in Shetland Islands, *GM/s
        * EC5AHA in Balearic Islands, EA6
        * GB3KCD in Isle of Man, GD
        * GB3KCI in Northern Ireland, GI
        * GB3KCJ in Jersey, GJ
        * GB0TT, GB2JCM, GB3KCM and MM0PLX/P in Scotland, GM
        * GB3KCU in Guernsey, GU
        * GB3KCW in Wales, GW
        * K5TRP, W4ZXT and WB8III in United States, K
        * KD9ISN and KK4QAX in Hawaii, KH6
        * K9UL in Alaska, KL
        * LU6DTJ/U in Argentina, LU
        * R2014RK, R2014SE, R8FF/P and RM0F/3 in European Russia, UA
        * R20UGRA, RX3Q/8 and UA6BH/0 in Asiatic Russia, UA9
        * VE3GCB/2 in Canada, VE
        * ZQ2HRH in Gibraltar, ZB

Though I am subscribed to this reflector so that I can make these
announcements, I do not see most messages posted to it.  If you have
any comments or corrections to the country file, please contact me
directly.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, https://ad1c.us