Re: [WriteLog] When is tcp/ip connectivity for K4D coming?

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] When is tcp/ip connectivity for K4D coming?
From: Support <support@writelog.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 02:31:13 +0000
I have a remote K4D that I need the tcp/ip and spectrum support for. Any idea when that will be available?
thanks,

Gordon - N1MGO

Its taken me a while to come up with this short and I suppose unsatisfactory answer, but here it is:     Not before Elecraft publishes support for an application to acquire an IQ stream from the K4.

I don't know when they plan to add IQ support. I don't even have a guarantee they ever will, however they mention it in their Programmer's Reference, so its fair to assume they eventually will.

Don't take the shortness of the answer to mean I am blowing off the request. I'll share my reasons for deciding to wait if you request them, but they are mostly technical stuff about WriteLog's internals.

Wayne