Re: [WriteLog] Learning WriteLog

To: marsh@ka5m.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Learning WriteLog
From: William Dean <wdeanmn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 15:45:51 -0700
Say, one of you guys might be able to help me.  I am a regular WriteLog
user, and have been for many years.  Some people say that N1MM is better
and there is much more support for it.  But I like WriteLog and don't want
to have to learn a new program from scratch.  I have been using WriteLog
with my K-3 and both a laptop and a desktop computer for several years very
successfully, using a K1EL Keyer.  I have a second QTH in AZ where I have
an IC 7300.  I can't seem to get WriteLog to key that radio from my
computer.  I have been told that with the 7300 all one needs to do is to
connect the rig to the computer through the USB cable and one doesn't need
a separate keyer, such as the K1EL.  I have not been able to find a way to
do that.  Does anybody know?  Is there a setting on the 7300 or in WriteLog
or both that will enable keying from the F keys on the computer?

Bill Dean
Arts of Ecuador
cell 612-718-1855
office 952-513-7268