[WriteLog] Band Map in ARRL CW Selecting Spots and Changing Bands on Rig

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Band Map in ARRL CW Selecting Spots and Changing Bands on Rig
From: Keith Beebe W3KB <keith@w3kb.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 16:59:20 +0000
Operated in the ARRL November Sweepstakes (CW).

I have the Band Map on display and have the Packet Window showing spots in
Follow Me.

I have Up and Down keys programmed to select individual spots up and down a
band and the rig follows it. Most importantly, it stays on the band I am
currently operating on.

Now here is what happened using this setup in the CW Sweepstakes:

Normally, selecting a spot with my Up or Down programmed keys does exactly that
and STAYS within the specific Band I am on such as 40 meters. In other words,
it does NOT go to spots UP on the next band such as 20 meters or DOWN to spots
on the next lower band 80 meters.

It always STAYS on the specific band I am operating on and selects specific
spots on that band ONLY.   In this contest , the ARRL Sweepstakes CW  using my
Up or Down programmed keys it literally changed bands (and the rig) to either
above or below the band I was currently operating on.

I all my years of using Writelog I have never seen the Band Map do such action
and go to spots on the next higher or lower band and take the rig with it.

For comparison, I loaded a different contest and tried the band map.  In
selecting spots via my programmed keys It did NOT go to any bands above or
below other than the specific band I was on.

Just wanted to note what happened in this particular contest that I had never
seen before.

Keith W3KB