[WriteLog] WriteLog will not send RTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog will not send RTTY
From: "Scot Herrick" <scot@k9jy.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 17:50:12 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I have not been able to get WriteLog to properly send RTTY. What I get is a
single carrier tone, not the normal diddle.

Setup:
- Icom 7300
- RigExpert TI-3000
- WriteLog 12.x

WriteLog receives RTTY just fine. It also appears to be sending out the correct
stuff as it prints on the screen. But I only get carrier out.

When I use the Icom directly, it properly sends the messages with two tones.

With WriteLog, I'm using MMTTY with AFSK (I also tried FSK, but it did not work
as expected). I also installed the necessary stuff for XMMC.ocx as a TU type.

I've also tried sending on FLdigi separate from WriteLog.

All of this suggests the problem is in the radio settings on the 7300 or in the
RigExpert. The RigExpert is relatively dumb as it just acts as a sound card
with cables going into the CI-V port, Accessory DIN plug on the back of the
radio, and into the CW keyer port on the radio. There is also nothing on the
RigExpert site except the device supports RTTY. And it sends FT8 and CW just
fine.

Any help on this one is appreciated; it's been pretty frustrating.

Thanks...Scot, K9JY