[WriteLog] Sound board issue

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound board issue
From: Jamie Dupree via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 13:13:41 +0000 (UTC)
Since the Windows10 update just before Thanksgiving, I've been having a
recurring WL problem, which forces me to close out the program, and sometimes
re-start the computer, which is somewhat inconvenient during a contest.
WL will work fine for multiple hours, and then suddenly give me an error
message:

Failed to create sound board object: 0, 0x800700a4

WL will then refuse to send any recorded voice files.  It unchecks the box for
"Enable Receiver Listen Loop" and acts like I don't have recorded .wav files on
my shack hard drive.
I know that troubleshooting our respective computers is totally hit and miss,
but does anyone have an idea?  Google searches have not produced very much.
Thanks.
73 Jamie NS3T