[WriteLog] Windows 10 updates

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows 10 updates
From: Jamie Dupree via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 16:15:45 +0000 (UTC)
The Windows 10 update finally came through on my shack computer in recent days,
and as usual wiped out some of my Writelog settings.
The band maps were all white after the Windows update, and so I simply
reinstalled WL, and that problem was fixed.
Does anyone know why the Win10 update always wipes away my WL audio settings?
I know them by heart, but it seems odd that I have to always go back and re-set
my sound board options.  The Wave File location is always erased.  All the
transmit and receive audio settings get wiped away under WL options | Sound |
Choose device(s).
Is there any way to set those in stone?  I always write them down and save the
details, but it just seems odd that I have to go in 4-5 times a year to add
them back after a Windows update.
73 Jamie NS3T