[WriteLog] Fwd: [cwops] Packet spots

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fwd: [cwops] Packet spots
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 18:11:21 -1000
I posted the note below on the CWops reflector about XIT offset for the
"click n shoot" crowd.
N4ZR then said that N1MM has such a feature built in (option). I'm not
pushing for it, but wondering if WL does something similar. I haven't
looked for it but then there's a lot that I don't know. Just curious.

Personally, I think part of effective operating in a pileup situation is
choosing your TX frequency such that you stand out in a crowd. That's
something you learn. Personally, I move the main VFO manually to offset
myself from others rather than use the XIT knob. But, that knob is there
and having some automatic offset might be a good thing... only for jumping
on a packet spot.

73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU