Re: [WriteLog] Writelog Remote

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog Remote
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 09:32:06 -0700
Gord,

I was using RemoteRig boxes for a while. That solution works but I found
the setup and maintenance to be a hassle. A few months ago I yanked them
out and set up WL Remote.

Tom is right in that WL Remote works as advertised. I've had trouble with
the Windoze sound functions. Everything else just works. I use a TopTen
band decoder to select antenna, and an ERC kit to modify the Yaesu G-1000
rotor control box so it can be accessed remotely. Works great.

The one thing I found lacking is the fact that almost all PC sound cards
use a mono "mic" input jack. Only the older ones have a stereo "line-in".
I'm trying out this little device and it seems to solve that problem:
https://tinyurl.com/y4w928d4
Now I can use the SUB RX in stereo. I haven't tried it, but one of the
microHAM rig control boxes might also work.

I happen to be at the remote site now and I'll try adding an SDR to get a
spectrum display on the band map. That's the next project.

73, Alan  AD6E

Hello Everyone,

Just inquiring about the success by others in implementing
Writelog remote/control operation?

Has anyone implemented the RemoteRig boxes for the hardware
stuff, to address rig control?

Networked QSOs, your solutions applied?

If so, I would like to have a conversation with you!

73, Gord VE6Sv