[WriteLog] XX16, XX8 or ?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XX16, XX8 or ?
From: "Grant Bright W5XB" <w5xb@att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:43:15 -0400
Dean,

I couldn't agree more about a new XX16, XX8 or XX4, or XX?

...especially XX16 !

After all the techniques in WSPR are NOT patented...but the software has a
GPU.

The problem as I see it, the WSPR folk do not understand the use of an API
gateway. If they did...there would be no issue for DR to go forward.

I had friends at Motorola for years (before Google). They perfected
patenting minuscule circuits, and then reverse engineering other products to
search for patent infringements.

That said, why not...some scientist/ham radio entrepreneur develop a 60/or
?? bit communication protocol, patent it, and give licenses for 2 dollars as
Dolby did in the tape days.

Then a brilliant IT developer such as Wayne (!!), could buy a literal 2
dollar license and develop further.

Dolby had great business sense, because the license prices were so low,
there was no motivation for other companies to develop another method of
noise canceling.

I know some IT people at Scientific Atlanta and at Loral, but no hams. Just
wish some scientist/IT person that was a ham could push the frontier
forward.

More later...

73, Grant, W5XB, Georgia

   2. Re: DigiRite 1.1.32 update. and a new way to distribute it
      (Dean St. Hill)

Message: 2