[WriteLog] Field Day callsign?

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Field Day callsign?
From: Wayne <support@writelog.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 23:56:55 +0000
> In the past we just changed our messages to reflect the call we were using
> for Field Day. Now with DigiRite it picks the call out of the ini file for
> FT4. Is there any way to change this to the club call we will be using?

Your old method will work for field day and for DigiRite, but...its not
as easy to set up as "just changed our messages to reflect the call"

DigiRite takes its CALL from the ini file for the registered call that
install WriteLog (as you noticed)  but that is its last choice.

This INI entry takes priority:

[Configuration]
CallUsed=call-you-use-for-field-day

That INI entry is set every time you export a cabrillo file (or you may
edit that INI entry in the old way.)

I thought I was being clever using the cabrillo export call because I
thought everybody would have used that and DigiRite would always get
just the right call. But Field Day has no cabrillo export...nor does the
General DXCC log keeping module. And both of those have been used far
more to date with DigiRite than contests that have cabrillo.

On a related topic:
There is bug in DigiRite version 1.1.08 that causes it to crash on
certain received FT8 messages.

be a bit better than before.

Wayne