Re: [WriteLog] ok-om contest

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ok-om contest
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 19:46:49 -0700
> The problem is the Wayne can’t be a one man show and keep up with all the
> contests.  The third party guys have stopped developing and we users
> who paid
> for the sofware are left holding the bag.  N1MM has a bunch of active
> contesters who keep things up to day. Very hard to compete with.  I
> feel bad
> for the WL developers and team, but that’s progress.

Golly. One or two modules get out of date and you're ready to throw in
the towel? I am not.

The problem with keeping up with rules changes, in my opinion, is more
with finding out about rule changes than it is with getting the updates
out. The old adage that, "if you want a job done right, you have to do
it yourself" means that the WL team needs to make a better effort
watching for rule changes--we are obviously guilty as charged. But I
hope you'll also understand that posting complaints to the reflector the
day after the contest in question ends (as was done to start this
thread) might not be the optimum time or method to let the WL team know.

> Very hard to compete with.
it depends on what you mean by competition. WL users are still winning
contests.

Wayne