Re: [WriteLog] Corruption Clarification

To: <W7OM@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Corruption Clarification
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:48:10 -0900
Rod,

Is the Entry window problem only in the CWT module or in other contest modules
as well?  It sounds like you have somehow undocked the Entry window from the
main WL desktop.  Can you left click on the visible portion of the window you
have and drag it elsewhere on the desktop to undock it?  If you can do so, do
the missing portions of the Entry window reappear with the field names?

In my CWT module the Entry window is movable, but not resizable, so if you are
seeing the Radio portion of the window I don’t understand why the rest of the
window is missing unless it is over near the right edge and is only partially
visible with the missing portions off the screen.  If you move it around they
may reappear.  Suggest you review the WriteLog Help manual section on Arranging
the Windows to see if that might give you some ideas.

Here’s another wild idea.  Try setting WL up for two radio operation and then
open a second Entry window.  Does this window have all the fields in it?  If so
there may be a sizing parameter problem with the ini settings for the single
Entry window.  The various window screen positions are in the ini file, but the
problem is in figuring which set of coordinates is for the Entry window.

You might try printing out the window position coordinates from the ini file,
then reposition the Entry window on the desktop.  Then close WL and reopen it.
Now go back to the ini file and compare the window position coordinates in the
ini file with your print out to find the ones that have changed.  That should
be the Entry window you’re looking for.  Now edit the MRUDockRightPos and
MRUDockBlottomPos coordniates to some larger numbers and save the ini file.
Restart WL and see if the Entry window has gotten bigger and you can now see
more of the field names.

Hope one of these works for you.

73,
Gary AL9A