Re: [WriteLog] MK2R+ and WL

To: k5zd@charter.net, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MK2R+ and WL
From: Hal Kennedy <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 08:35:23 -0500
I just faced a similar problem Randy, in a total-shack-redo, although not with K3s or an MK2R+. I finally decided to recreate LPT1 using a PIEXX SO2RLatch, which I have working fine. The very latest release of WL has an RTS enable function within the 'ports' section to enable an SO2RLatch on an otherwise unused COM port. Its something to look at, although it sure felt "retro" to do it that way.

I always have, and continue to take band data for the filter banks straight from the back of the radios...

73,
Hal N4GG