[WriteLog] FTDX5000 & Writelog (and IOTA)

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FTDX5000 & Writelog (and IOTA)
From: "Darren Collins (G0TSM)" <daz@g0tsm.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 18:03:50 +0100
Hi
This has been mentioned before and I believe this still requires attention.
When running in a multiband contest as assisted Writelog does not issue the new Yaesu type CAT BS (band select) command when QSYing the radio. Therefore any ATT, AMP and Rx antenna settings remain the same when QSYing. The work around is to press the band button on the radio before clicking the cluster spot but that's not ideal.

In the IOTA contest writelog even managed to QSY the FTDX5000 from 20M SSB to 40M in USB. I have no idea how that happened but it wasn't a single occurrence. (Anyone ever notice that the IOTA DX Spot mult list is DXCC as opposed to islands?)

And while I'm at it, does anyone know if it possible to create a macro to trigger the DVK from the F-Keys?

73 Darren G0TSM