Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog History

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog History
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:02:10 -0700 (PDT)
Wayne Wright, W5XD, is the only author of WriteLog for Windows as far as I know.

I am not sure when WriteLog was first introduced to the public, but I "think" I
first used WriteLog in March 1997 in the BARTG RTTY Contest. Ron, K5DJ, and I
operated Multi-Multi from W5KFT that year and set a new world record. I'm
pretty sure this is when I first used WriteLog but I'm not 100% sure. I'll try
to find out from Ron.

According to the release notes on the WriteLog website
(http://writelog.com/notes/revision-historyversion) version 9.09 was released
on June 25, 1998. Interestingly, this is the exact date that Windows 98 was
released to retail. The website doesn't

WriteLog was the first Windows-based contest program that I was aware of.
Previously I was using CT by K1EA for CW contesting and RTTY by WF1B for RTTY
contesting. Both of these programs were DOS-based.

I would be interested in hearing the early history of WriteLog from Wayne.

73, Don AA5AU