Re: [WriteLog] smirk test

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] smirk test
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:31:11 -0800
John,

Your mention of a generic contest type module triggered my tired old brain
cells.  There is a module called DXpedition Mode that should do it for you.
It accepts any band from 160M through 6M.  You will need to modify the Entry
window fields slightly to suit your needs.

Go to Contest/Exchange Format Setup...  When the window pops up asking if
you want to initialize ALL fields in the exchange answer No.  In the Edit
QSO Exchange Fields window that opens do the following:

Click on the COUNTRY field and clear the Prompt box.  Click on Save.
Click on the C field and clear the Prompt box. Click on Save.
Click on the Name filed and clear the Prompt box.  Click on Save.

This will prevent these unneeded fields from showing in the Entry window.
They will still be in the log, just not in the
Entry window.

Now create two new fields for the SMIRK contest.
Go to the end of the field name list and click on New.  In the Caption box
type GRID.  In the list of options for this field click on Prompt, No Space
allowed and Required.  Click on Save.

Click on New again.  In the Caption box type SMIRK.  The SMIRK field is 6
characters wide so if you need more field width just add spaces to the field
name.  I am unfamiliar with SMIRK numbers, but if it is a number only click
on the box for Number.  If it is an alpha numeric number leave the Number
box unchecked.  Now click on Prompt, No Space and Required.  Now click on
Save and OK.

The Entry window will now be clear of the unnecessary Country, C and Name
fields and you will now see the GRID and SMIRK fields instead.  This should
work for your log entries, but the score will be meaningless.  Good luck.

73,
Gary AL9A