[WriteLog] Windows 7 Audio Delay?

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows 7 Audio Delay?
From: Rick Tavan <rick@tavan.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:46:47 -0800
Has anyone using Windows 7 experienced and then fixed the annoying delay
between speaking into the mic and getting sound out of the sound card to drive
a tx? It's totally unacceptable for contesting, forcing me to record messages
before a contest and then connect the mic directly to the rigs rather than
through the PC. I suspect many don't have the problem because they
serendipitously have the right combination of magic settings. But maybe someone
had the problem and figured it out. Please enlighten me! I know it's possible
because karaoke programs do the same thing. But I haven't been able to get
real-time audio through the system.

Thanks,

/Rick N6XI