Re: [WriteLog] VOLTA Scoring

To: "Anthony \(N2KI\)" <n2ki@hvc.rr.com>, "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] VOLTA Scoring
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 13:44:46 -0800
Seems to be the Italian way of doing things.  I have 94 Q's and 7,242,136
points!  Wow, am I good or what?  Actually the secret is in the way the
points are calculated.  Per the rules:  "Total exchange points multiplied by
the total number of multiplier(s) multiplied by the the total number of
QSOs.  {[Points x Multipliers x QSOs = Final score]."  So this contest
actually uses TWO multipliers - the country multiplier which is then
multiplied by the numbers of QSOs.  I think this is why, in pre-Euro days, a
cup of coffee in Italy cost about 10 million Lire!

73,
Gary AL9A