Re: [WriteLog] Sending K3 commands in 10.80

To: "'K2MK'" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sending K3 commands in 10.80
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:40:46 -0700
Mike, K2MK, wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone was successfully sending K3
> commands using 10.80.
> I am only able to get the following error message along the
> status line:
> error result -3 sending rig command(10)
>
> I believe I have followed the instructions properly. I
> entered the following information in the Keyboard Shortcuts
> and then saved the configuration:
> SUBTRACT=Rig1Command(10)
> I'm using the subtract key but I also tried this using F12.
> My K3 is on COM port 1.
>
> I've modified the ini file located in the Virtual Store
> directory of my Vista PC to include the following line.
> Macro_10=SWT42;
> This is the command for CW AUTO SPOT.
>
> The header line of [Elecraft_K3_commands] was not in my ini
> file so I entered it also. I put both lines just above the
> [Summary] header as
> follows:
> [Elecraft_K3_commands]
> Macro_10=SWT42;
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know about Vista and Virtual Store directory, but the K3 command
feature works fine here with XP, SP3.  I also don't know what error result
-3 means but I can get error result -1 if the K3 is not properly interfaced
and talking to WriteLog.  I assume the K3 is otherwise interfaced and
working properly with WriteLog?  It looks like you have the right ini file
entries and keyboard shortcut setups.

Ed - W0YK