[WriteLog] TARA Grid Dip

To: "writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TARA Grid Dip
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:22:04 -0800
No response yet about a module for the TARA Grid Dip so I've been trying to
find an existing module that uses GRID as a multiplier.  It looks like the
ARRL VHF Sweepstake and ARRL VHF QSO Party use GRID, but not name.  I've
been trying to modify the Exchange Field Setup to add NAME and have run into
two snags.

1.  Is it possible to insert the NAME field right after the CALL field.
I've figured out if I don't prompt for the RST field (not needed) the GRID
filed comes right after the CALL.  When I add a NAME field it is after the
GRID field.  In other words I am getting CALL GRID NAME when what I need is
CALL NAME GRID.  I can't figure out how to do this.  I tried renaming the
RST filed to NAME, but the field width is only 3 characters and I cannot
change it.  Apparently this is set when the field is created?

2. Even if I go with the field order a bit backwards, when I enter a sample
call the mult calculation on the grid square doesn't work because the red B
shows indicating that an HF contact is out of band for this VHF module.  Is
there a way to change the band definition for these modules to accept HF
frequencies as good bands?  If not, does anyone know of an HF contest module
that uses GRID as a multiplier?

73,
Gary AL9A