[WriteLog] WriteLog Microham USB Interface III and AFSK

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog Microham USB Interface III and AFSK
From: W0SD Ed Gray <w0sd@triotel.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 20:18:12 -0500
I am helping a couple of fellow hams and one of them has a FT-857 and a
USB only Laptop and he wants to use WriteLog with that setup. The
problem we run into is that the FT-857 does not do FSK so we have to do
AFSK. We of course receive OK but we need to transmit with AFSK.

I can not figure out from the documentation how to set up the Microham
unit to interface the USB port to WriteLog and ASFK.  Has anyone done
this and can tell us how?  We have this working with MMTTY and ASFK but
we can't figure out how to do it with WriteLog?

Ed W0SD