[WriteLog] Laptop and Contest Recording

To: <WRITELOG@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [WriteLog] Laptop and Contest Recording
From: "bearcat" <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:49:23 -0400
I searched the archives a bit and did not find any thing like my issue.

I would not call this an issue with WL just an issue with setup (probably)

I was attempting to record our clubs Qs from FD so folks could replay them
at a later date to hear how they sound on the air.

I was using a laptop, rigblaster plus, and an IC7000.

I had the fixed audio level from the rig going to the mic on the laptop.  I
had the MONITOR button on the rig ON, this way the audio from the mic would
also be fed to the MIC IN on the laptop.

The audio from the calling stations is just perfect.  The audio from the rig
(headset mic) sounds like we are off freq and very muffled.

Any ideas?

Any tricks for recording both my rig and the on air audio using a laptop
with WL?

The laptop only has the MIC IN, no line in.

Thanks in advance

Rich