[WriteLog] NC QSO scoring issue

To: "'WriteLog'" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NC QSO scoring issue
From: "Bruce Meier" <bemeier@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:46:30 -0500
I just completed my log submission for the NC QSO party from yesterday and
noticed what I think is a WriteLog scoring issue.   I am not sure if this is
true for OUT OF STATE, but it appears to be true for IN STATE.  The scoring,
according to the Forsyth Amateur Radio Clubs web site should be as follows:

*       (SSB Qs x 2) + (CW Qs x 3) + 3 points for each NC Mobile Q (only 1
mode / county) = total points

NOTE:  I did not expect WriteLog to know the NC Mobile Q count.

*       Mults = NC counties + States + Provinces + 1 for the first DX
country.

        WriteLog did not count the first DX (or any DX) as a mult.   DX is
the correct entry in the RCVD column.

What we actually worked and what the score should be is  - - -

*       We had 251 CW Qs  / 367 SSB Qs that should total  1487 points
*       WriteLog reported 99 mults  (should have been 100 mults)

*       Points x Mults = 147,213

*       WriteLog reported score = 149,450

*       I then entered one additional CW QSO to see what happened to the
score.   It increased by 300 points.  That says WriteLog "THINKS" I had 100
mults

*       Next I tried a SSB QSO.   WriteLog scored 200 points.  Again
"THINKING" I had 100 mults.

If you assume WriteLog is correct at 100 mults (which is correct as it
should have scored 1 mult for the first DXCC entity) the WriteLog calculated
score is wrong anyway.

*       1487 points x 100 mults = 148,700   (not 149,450 as reported)

Did anyone else notice this?     By the way, I am running WriteLog version
10.70C.

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(aka: NC4KW)