Re: [WriteLog] Writelog Problems

To: <ki6iv@sbcglobal.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog Problems
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 22:36:19 -0900
Bob,

It sounds like you installed V10.0d under Vista with User Account Control
active.  I'm assuming you were logged in as the account administrator during
the install.  The short version of the ini file you mention is probably the
one at C:\Windows\writelog.ini?  Under Vista, this is no longer the actual
ini file that needs to be updated/configured to make WL run as you desire.
The full working copy of the writelog.ini has been located by Vista at a
path name similar to:

C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\WRITELOG.INI

Instead of AL9A your path should have whatever account name you used for the
install.  The AppData folder in the path is a hidden file so you should go
to the Control Panel and enable the option to show hidden files.

As for the update to 10.55d I don't think you will be able to get it to work
under Vista (or XP for that matter), it's just too old.  Full install of
V10.56 released in Oct. 2005 uses Microsoft installer.  Newer Windows
systems have this built in, but your 10.55d is a pre-msi update version and
is probably incompatible with the operating system you are running.

Best solution - uninstall V10.0d and upgrade to the latest version, V10.69d,
which was just released.  Good news is the cost has been lowered - only $30
to get the latest and greatest!

73,
Gary AL9A