[WriteLog] Winkey USB CW keyer and WL?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Winkey USB CW keyer and WL?
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:55:50 -0400
I am trying to get my new K1EL WKUSB working with V10.61E Writelog.

I had serial port 3 unused, so set the WKUSB to use that, and then
set WL to key on comm 3 with Winkey specified as the key type. No joy.

All the manager and test programs that came with WKUSB control the
keyer FB through this comm 3 address.

I see Winkey listed in WL as a CW keying option, but I see no
reference to the USB version of winkey.

Do I need a newer version of WL to support WKUSB (there is no mention
of changed WKUSB support in the current WL revision history)?

Anybody?

Jerry W4UK