Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Single TX Lockout - First One Wins

To: "'Alfred Frugoli'" <ke1fo@arrl.net>, "'Writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Single TX Lockout - First One Wins
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:08:03 -0600
I've not used WL with a single PC for SO2R in a long time, but I think "First
one wins" may only be available if you use two (or
more) PC's networked.

For SO2R RTTY, regardless of whether you are using a single PC or two (or
more), the preference should always be "Last one wins".
You want to be able to cut off the transmitting radio when the other radio
needs to transmit.

The easiest scenario to show "Last one wins" is if you were CQ'ing on radio A
and S&P on radio B and need to call someone on radio
B. As soon as you transmit on B, radio A transmitter shuts off automatically.
If you were using "First one wins", you'd have to
wait until radio A finished the CQ before being able to call on B (thus messing
up the timing of your call on radio B) OR shut radio
A off manually, then call on radio B (which defeats the purpose of "last one
wins").

"First one wins" is designed for Multi-Single operation so that the main run
radio is not cut off by the mult radio.  "Last one
wins" is designed so that the radio that NEEDS to transmit can do so at will.
Also use "Last one wins" for SO2R.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com