[WriteLog] Soundcards for Writelog RTTY/SSB

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcards for Writelog RTTY/SSB
From: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:44:23 -0400
Hello Everyone....I just wanted to ask the multitudes about which sound
cards I should be looking for to add to the contesting computer for
RTTY/SSB (voicekeyer) usage??? Has anyone used a Creative Labs Sound Blaster
Audigy SE (PCI version)??? Does it score 7F with the soundcard checking
program?? I guess I am just trying to find out which current sound cards
pass the Writelog sound test at 7F. Any help is appreciated.
I have seen the old website which listed some cards and their scores, but it
has not been updated since 2000-2001.
The card I need to buy has to be a PCI version as I do not have ISA slots.
Thanks
73

Ted VE3SS