[WriteLog] SO2R CW Keying

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R CW Keying
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:17:04 -0800
Hi Crew,

I've been using WriteLog for three years now, and have always used
serial port keying. No problems. Now, I'm working on getting SO2R
going for the first time, and would like to do it without adding
external boxes. That is, just WriteLog and two serial port hookups
that do both control and keying. I tried this a few weeks ago, using
two serial ports, with a separate connection to each radio. I could
key either radio, but not both. And, of course, maybe it was cockpit
error. I didn't have time to pursue it then, but I would like to now.

I'm working from an IBM laptop that has one "real" serial port, and
an additional serial port from a Quatech PCMCIA adapter, and that
port works fine for both control and sending CW. That laptop also has
a parallel port available, but I would rather stick to serial if I
can. Is there a way to do this?

73,

Jim K9YC