Re: [WriteLog] Field Day

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Field Day
From: ad6e@inreach.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:51:32 -0700 (PDT)
John,  your point is well taken.

FD is an experimental play ground to find out what works and what doesn't.
Obviously if you have network trouble in FD you wouldn't try it in a real
emergency. But, if you do get it to work and it proves useful then you're
a step up in your ability to offer real help.

Speaking of network trouble, we (W6YL) had two laptops with a direct
connection. Each could ping the other no problem. However, the WL network
functions never did play. We soon gave up trying. Getting the newbies on
HF was the prime focus. Networking was a much lower priority.

73, Al  AD6E

>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:39:11 -0400
>From: "John" <ns0i@comcast.net>
>Subject: [WriteLog] Field Day
>To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
>

>I thought Field Day was supposed to be fun not "cut throat" contesting.
>
>What ever happened to paper dupe sheets?  After all just who will log
every >station during an emergency. Isn't Field Day supposed to be
"training" for >the real thing.

>Just try to bring all your fancy networked stations to a hurricane area
and >spend days setting them up.